CaraWonga carpets, there is so much to say about you!
What a beautiful way to combine architectural design and textile patterns. We found these carpets to be the perfect investment for any home. Your plants will love you for adding some colour, your indoor natural light will welcome these patterns with happy light rays and your busy self will thank you for setting up a space that can help you slow down, read, or take some relaxation time for yourself.
First, we opened the package that contained these cut-out modules. This set allows us to choose a design we want and can be assembled into a couple of different designs. For our love of circular symmetry and mandalas, we thought the closest and most favourite design to be this snowflake pattern! - View the full set here
And here we started figuring it out...
A little bit about why CaraWonga carpets are AWESOME:
1. They are made out of 80% recycled material! And their manufacturing process is eco-friendly; without the use of chemicals, water or fossil energy.
2. DIY process that is meditative: Not going to lie, this carpet took a while to assemble, maybe about 2-3 hours to get it to it's finished beautiful shape. But, the experience while assembling was all we needed during a time of clutter and busy-ness all around. It brought us back to think, we rarely assemble things in this modern age, we get so many things handed to us that we forgot how it's like to actually sit down and make something, get creative, or get crafty. Playing music and assembling this carpet was definitely a restorative time for us.
3. Feels just like any other carpet! You can walk on it, sit on it, add it to any space, and easily clean it.
4. Could be re-assembled into other shapes! How cool is it to be able to change your carpets design when your space starts calling for a change?
5. CaraWonga is created by two talented lovely ladies, Katalin and Barbara, who have true passion for design.
"Yara, look I figured it out!"
Because breakfast and this ginger shot couldn't wait!
We started the design from the core and the middle of the star, then worked all our way up adding modules to every row.
A break to jump a little...
One thing we must have missed through during our assembling was taping the edges. The box came with double sided tape to keep all edges straight and we kind of skipped that after step, maybe from excitement...
Fast forward a few hours and it's all assembled! And Jude literally expresses how much she just wants to "dive into it".
And maybe a little play...
And more silliness. Ha ha!
Some ways to use or decorate CaraWonga Carpets:
Reading space, possibly with an addition of a chair, desk or shelf.
A corner for sunlight, plants and some creative pillows. - Shop this pillow case
A place to meditate, relax, or yoga.
Overall, our love for CaraWonga carpets is only growing! The guide was easy to follow through for the pattern and gave us great design options. We also love the feel of these fabrics. However, it's easy to miss the extra steps once finishing the pattern assembly. So we are going to dig into our box again and tape the edges into a straight and cleaner hem-line!
Get a hold of one of these beauties, CaraWonga carpets, online. They can be shipped worldwide!
Also, feel free to follow the creative journey on CaraWonga's social platforms:
Let us know what you think in the comments below!