Now that Fall is here and Winter is approaching we will be introducing different healing tea recipes every once in a while, so that you can tackle any cold coming your way.
This tea is simple. It's a made out of just warm water, turmeric, dried sage, ginger and lemon. You can add to it agave syrup to sweeten it a bit, or even any kind of green tea leaves you have.
Say yes to yellow to tea! Fear it not.
- Powdered or sliced Ginger
- Dried Sage
- Juiced lemon
- Honey or Agave Syrup
- Green tea or lemon grass tea
Add all to taste, add water, turmeric, ginger, sage, cinnamon, lemon in a pot to boil, simmer for 15 minutes, then add green tea for 2-3 minutes and pour into cup. Add and stir honey or agave syrup to taste.
- Turmeric contains Curcumin, which is a natural anti-inflammatory compound.
- Curcumin is an antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals due to its chemical structure and it also boosts the activity of the body's antioxidant enzymes.
- Improves brain function.
- Lowers risk of heart disease.
- Can help treat cancer - multiple studies have shown that curcumin can reduce growth of cancerous cells and inhibit growth tumours in test animals.
- Helps with arthritis.
- An effective antidepressant.
- Has anti-aging properties and great for healthy long living.
What to consider before buying Turmeric for health reasons:
Is it 100% pure? Make sure it doesn't contain any fillers or binders.
Make sure what you are buying is organic. For capsules, BioPerine should be present for maximum curcumin absorption. It is also easier to find 100% pure turmeric in U.S. manufactured products.
If you make this tea or any other simple herbal tea, use the hashtag #STteaDays to share with us what you made or how your tea turned out on Instagram :)